Joining the Secret Service, Office of the Chief Financial Officer, Administrative Operations Division will allow you to develop new methods and procedures while analyzing the impact it will have on the vehicle fleet program, policy, operation and budget. This Vehicle Fleet Specialist positions starts at a salary of $96,970 (GS-13 step-1) with potential to $126,062 (GS-13 step 10). For more information on the Secret Service click here.
Learn more about this agency
The selectee will serve as Vehicle Fleet Specialist in the Office of the Chief Financial Officer, Administrative Operations Division, Vehicle Fleet Branch. Typical work assignments include:
* Monitoring vehicle inventory and consumption to compile periodic reports to ensure the proper utilization of vehicles.
* Maintaining statistics to determine transportation services requirements.
* Preparing procurement requests; tracking the delivery of new vehicles and offsets with vehicle disposal; and ensuring that vehicle inspection and registration is completed.
* Conduct surveys and/or maintains statistics to determine transportation service requirements. Monitors vehicle inventory and utilization to compile periodic vehicle utilization reports to ensure proper utilization of vehicles.
* Providing technical advice and assistance to individuals on all matters associated with the management and operation of government owned/leased vehicles.
### Travel Required
##### Supervisory status
##### Promotion Potential
* #### Job family (Series)
0301 Miscellaneous Administration And Program
### Conditions of Employment
* U.S. citizenship is required.
**Conditions of Employment** If selected for this position, you will be required to:
* Obtain and maintain a top secret Tier 5 clearance. For more information visit OPM Mythbuster Page.
* Submit to a drug test prior to your appointment and random drug testing while you occupy the position.
* Possess a valid U.S. state motor vehicle operator's license and maintain a valid license while you occupy the position.
**GS-13: You qualify for the GS-13 level (starting salary $96,970) if you possess one year of specialized experience equivalent to the GS-12 level performing duties such as: providing fleet management advisory services to management; analyzing and reporting data from an asset management system(s); assisting in managing a fleet management program in accordance with Federal Management Regulations; and monitoring status and progress of work schedules.**
**National Service Experience (i.e., volunteer experience)**Experience refers to paid and unpaid experience, including volunteer work done through National Service programs (e.g., Peace Corps, AmeriCorps) and other organizations (e.g., professional; philanthropic; religious; spiritual; community; student, social). Volunteer work helps build critical competencies, knowledge, and skills and can provide valuable training and experience that translates directly to paid employment. You will receive credit for all qualifying experience, including volunteer experience.
**Qualifications Must Be Met:** The qualification requirements listed above must be met by the closing date of this announcement.
The Office of Personnel Management (OPM) must authorize employment offers made to current or former political appointees. If you are currently, or have been within the last 5 years, a political Schedule A, Schedule C, Non-career SES or Presidential Appointee employee in the Executive Branch, you must disclose this information to the Human Resources Office.
### Additional information
**Building on a Tradition of Excellence and Meeting the Challenges of the Future** The Secret Service is a premier law enforcement organization with two critical national security missions: protect our nation's leaders and to conduct criminal investigations. Our team members continue a tradition of excellence - whether investigating financial crime or protecting national and visiting foreign leaders. In the Secret Service, we serve the country with duty, loyalty, justice, integrity and courage. In the Secret Service, we:
* Protect the President, the Vice President, and other leaders; investigate threats against them; and safeguard their residences and other facilities
* Plan and implement security designs for National Special Security Events
* Investigate financial crimes including fraud, identity theft and computer-based attacks on banking or telecommunications infrastructure
Apply for this exciting opportunity to impact the efficiency, quality and cost-effectiveness of the vehicle fleet services.
Any offers of employment made pursuant to this announcement will be consistent with all applicable authorities, including Presidential Memoranda, Executive Orders, interpretive U.S. Office of Management and Budget (OMB) and U.S. Office of Personnel Management (OPM) guidance, and Office of Management and Budget plans and policies concerning hiring. These authorities are subject to change.
**More than one selection may be made from this announcement if additional identical vacancies in the same title, series, grade and unit occur.**
Applying to this announcement certifies that you give permission for DHS to share your application with others in DHS for similar positions.
**E-Verify Statement:**DHS uses E-Verify, an Internet-based system, to confirm the eligibility of all newly hired employees to work in the United States. Click here to learn more about E-Verify, including your rights and responsibilities.
**Mandatory Suitability Statement:**
If you receive a conditional offer of employment for this position, you will be required to complete an Optional Form 306, Declaration for Federal Employment, and to sign and certify the accuracy of all information in your application, prior to entry on duty. False statements on any part of the application may result in withdrawal of offer of employment, dismissal after beginning work, fine, or imprisonment.
This position will require a credit check after initial job qualifications have been determined.
**Relocation expenses will not be authorized.**
### How You Will Be Evaluated
You will be evaluated for this job based on how well you meet the qualifications above.
Your application will be rated on the extent and quality of your experience, education and training relevant to the duties of the position. If you meet the minimum qualifications, a score will automatically be calculated based on your answers to the vacancy specific questions to place you in one of three categories. All answers provided in the online process must be substantiated by your resume. Upon review, your resume and/or supporting documents need to support your answer choices and reflect the one year of specialized experience requirement, in order to be considered. If the one year of specialized experience, equivalent to the next lower grade level cannot be identified in your resume, you will be considered not qualified. The competencies or knowledge, skills, and abilities needed to perform this job are:
* Knowledge of methods and techniques to direct, plan and evaluate the efficiency and effectiveness of the vehicle fleet.
* Knowledge of vehicle fleet, procurement or disposal policies, rules, regulations, and procedures.
* Ability to gather and analyze facts, draw conclusions and devise practical solutions to difficult problems and issues.
* Ability to communicate to a variety of individuals internally and externally.
If you meet the minimum qualifications, you will be placed in one of the following categories: 1. Best Qualified: Applicants possessing experience that substantially exceeds the minimum qualifications of the position and demonstrate high proficiency in all of the critical competencies as determined in the job analysis. 2. Well-Qualified: Applicants possessing experience that exceeds the minimum qualifications of the position and demonstrates acceptable proficiency in all of the critical competencies as determined by the job analysis. 3. Qualified: Applicants possessing experience that meets the minimum qualifications of the position and demonstrate basic proficiency in most critical competencies as determined in the job analysis. If you are best qualified, you may be referred to the hiring manager for consideration and may be called for an interview. **Interagency Career Transition Assistance Program (ICTAP) Eligibles:** If you have never worked for the Federal government, you are not ICTAP eligible. View information about ICTAP eligibility on OPM's Career Transition Resources website. To be considered well qualified under ICTAP, you must be placed in the Well-Qualified category for this position, as described above. In addition, you must submit the supporting documents listed under the required documents section of this announcement. **Veterans:**Qualified veterans who have a compensable service-connected disability of at least 10% are listed in the best qualified category, except when the position being filled is scientific, professional at the GS-09 grade level, or higher. This position [is or is not] considered scientific/professional. Other 10-point preference eligibles and veterans with 5-point preference who meet the eligibility and qualification requirements are placed above non-preference eligibles within the category in which they qualify. For information on veterans' preference, please click here.
**To preview questions please click here.**
### Background checks and security clearance
##### Security clearance
##### Drug test required
* Required Documents
## Required Documents
In addition to addressing the vacancy specific questions, you must also submit the following documentation:
* **Resume** - In order to receive credit for experience contained in an uploaded resume, your employment history should show work experience in month/year format (MM/YYYY), reflecting starting date and ending date, and include the number of hours worked per week.
* **Special Priority Selection rights under ICTAP:** Submit a copy of your agency notice, copy of your most recent performance appraisal (with at least a satisfactory rating),and your most current SF-50 noting position, grade level, and duty location.
* **Are you a Veteran?** Submit a DD-214 (Member Copy 4) and/or documentation of service connected disability. If applying based on eligibility under the Veterans Opportunity to Work (VOW) Act, you must submit certification from the Armed Forces that you will be discharged or released from active duty within 120 days from the date on the certification. This must indicate your dates of service, your rank, and confirm that you will be separated under honorable conditions. Those applying for 10-point preference must fill out the SF-15 (click here for the form) and provide the required documentation listed on the back of the form. Click here for more veterans' information.
#### If you are relying on your education to meet qualification requirements:
Education must be accredited by an accrediting institution recognized by the U.S. Department of Education in order for it to be credited towards qualifications. Therefore, provide only the attendance and/or degrees from schools accredited by accrediting institutions recognized by the U.S. Department of Education.
Failure to provide all of the required information as stated in this vacancy announcement may result in an ineligible rating or may affect the overall rating.
A career with the U.S. Government provides employees with a comprehensive benefits package. As a federal employee, you and your family will have access to a range of benefits that are designed to make your federal career very rewarding. Learn more about federal benefits.
Eligibility for benefits depends on the type of position you hold and whether your position is full-time, part-time, or intermittent. Contact the hiring agency for more information on the specific benefits offered.
* How to Apply
## How to Apply
**This position is being advertised via CareerConnector which is an automated staffing system**. To begin your online application, click the **Apply Online** button and follow the prompts to register or sign into USAJOBS, take the online questionnaire, and submit the required documents. See **Required Documents** section for more detail. You must complete the application process and submit any required documents no later than 11:59 p.m. Eastern Standard Time (EST) on the closing date of this announcement. Instructions outlining the application process can be found at If you cannot apply online, you may contact the Talent and Employee Acquisition Management Division, Administrative, Professional and Technical Staffing Branch at ...@secretservice.gov OR by calling (202) ###-#### between the hours of 9:00 am and 5:30 pm EST (excluding Federal holidays) prior to the closing date of this announcement to receive assistance. The Secret Service provides reasonable accommodation to applicants with disabilities, on a case-by-case basis. Please contact us if you require this for any part of the application and hiring process.
### Agency contact information
### Talent & Emp Acq Mgmt Div
United States Secret Service (DHS-USSS)
Please read entire announcement
Please apply online
Washington, District of Columbia 20223
Learn more about this agency
### Next steps
Once your complete application is received we will conduct an evaluation of your qualifications and determine your eligibility. Best-qualified applicants will be referred for further consideration and possible interview. We expect to make a selection within 45 days of the closing date of this announcement. If you are selected, we will conduct a suitability/security background investigation. We will notify you by email after each of these steps has been completed. Your status will also be updated on USAJOBS throughout the process. To check your status, log on to your USAJOBS account, click on \"Application Status,\" and then click \"More Information. For more information on applying for Federal employment, please click here.
* Fair & Transparent
## Fair & Transparent
The Federal hiring process is setup to be fair and transparent. Please read the following guidance.
### Equal Employment Opportunity Policy
The United States Government does not discriminate in employment on the basis of race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy and gender identity), national origin, political affiliation, sexual orientation, marital status, disability, genetic information, age, membership in an employee organization, retaliation, parental status, military service, or other non-merit factor.
* Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) for federal employees & job applicants
### Reasonable Accommodation Policy
Federal agencies must provide reasonable accommodation to applicants with disabilities where appropriate. Applicants requiring reasonable accommodation for any part of the application process should follow the instructions in the job opportunity announcement. For any part of the remaining hiring process, applicants should contact the hiring agency directly. Determinations on requests for reasonable accommodation will be made on a case-by-case basis.
A reasonable accommodation is any change to a job, the work environment, or the way things are usually done that enables an individual with a disability to apply for a job, perform job duties or receive equal access to job benefits.
Under the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, federal agencies must provide reasonable accommodations when:
* An applicant with a disability needs an accommodation to have an equal opportunity to apply for a job.
* An employee with a disability needs an accommodation to perform the essential job duties or to gain access to the workplace.
* An employee with a disability needs an accommodation to receive equal access to benefits, such as details, training, and office-sponsored events.
You can request a reasonable accommodation at any time during the application or hiring process or while on the job. Requests are considered on a case-by-case basis.
Learn more about disability employment and reasonable accommodations or how to contact an agency.
#### Legal and regulatory guidance
* Financial suitability
* Social security number request
* Privacy Act
* Signature and false statements
* Selective Service
* New employee probationary period
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/526555600. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.
*Open & closing dates:* 03/07/2019 to 03/13/2019
*Pay scale & grade:* GS 13
*Salary:* $96,970 to $126,062 per year
*Appointment type:* Permanent
*Work schedule:* Full-Time