SAIC is seeking a innovative and technically oriented Senior SharePoint Administrator to be responsible for Operations Support of a large multi-site Windows environment. This role will be critical in moving a government agency intranet from Oracle to Sharepoint. It will be an opportunity for you to exercise your understanding of client/server systems, networking and intranet fundamentals to make it easier for government employees to access the information they need to do their jobs efficiently and effectively. Your knowledge and technical proficiency in managing medium to large Sharepoint environments will have a big impact on improving their work day.
In this role you will:
* Provide Sharepoint 2013 administration, development and general user knowledge
* Use Sharepoint designer to develop solutions for designs, lists and libraries
* Plan and design databases
* develop or update workflow and migrate data to sharepoint 2013
* Maintain servers and systems security
* Monitor usage statistics and logs
* modify configuration settings and perform backups
* Troubleshoot systems problems
* May write shell scripts
* Design, update, and maintain a collaborative solutions-based framework of websites and portals in a Microsoft SharePoint environment.
* Perform system tuning to enhance performance
* Develop backup schedules according to project and system requirements.
* Create a system disaster recovery plan.
* Provide training and technical assistance as required.
* Ensure adherence to policies, processes and procedures within your areas of responsibility. Document supporting policies, processes and procedures within your areas of responsibilities.
* Maintain assigned systems in accordance with DISA STIGs, NIST standards, and agency requirements
* Provide Capacity, Performance and Availability reports for assigned systems.
* Position will require a DOJ Public Trust clearance be attained or transferred before starting.
* 5+ years of experience with Microsoft SharePoint, to include systems administration and troubleshooting of Microsoft SharePoint
* 5+ years in an Operations Support role for an Enterprise
* Knowledge of SharePoint Management Packs to include Active Directory, - SharePoint, and/or IIS tuning and customization.
* Experience with scripting Windows PowerShell
* Practical, hands-on experience and demonstrable technical competence with administrative and operational tools
* MCSE, MCPD, or MCTS Certification
* Active Directory Experience
Associated topics: http, ip, operating system, sccm, scom, scom sccm, system administrator, system center configuration manager, tcp, tcp ip
* The salary listed in the header is an estimate based on salary data for similar jobs in the same area. Salary or compensation data found in the job description is accurate.