Engility is seeking a Senior Data Manager to organize and coordinate Navy data management programs. In this role you will:
* Report findings and recommendations to the Government. Reports are usually submitted in writing, but oral presentations regarding findings also are common.
* Work closely with business analysts and developers on project teams as they document their data requirements and establish thorough specifications.
* Conduct facilitation sessions to determine requirements.
* Build logical models. Work with database administrators to build the physical model and overall data architecture.
* Review and advise on project metrics to benchmark effectiveness.
* Work closely with database administrators and developers to ensure that business models are accurately implemented in application systems.
* Provides education on the naming and modeling standards and create modeling specific constructs.
* Review project models to ensure adherence to standards. Ensure data quality alignment.
* Work on and across multiple projects to ensure consistency in naming conventions and promotes the sharing and reuse of data across applications and business areas.
* Ensure that data analysis goals are met.
* Contribute to data management internal projects as well as the upgrading of standards and best practice guidelines.
* Secret Clearance
* 15 years professional experience in program/project management and shipbuilding
* Experience in shipbuilding data management
* Bachelor's degree in any field
Associated topics: data architect, data integration, data manager, data management, data warehouse, data warehousing, database administrator, etl, erp, sql