Climate and Clean Energy Litigation Fellow, Transportation
Natural Resources Defense Council
9 2nd Ave
Check out similar listings!
Loading some great jobs for you...
The Natural Resources Defense Council (NRDC) is the nation's most effective environmental action organization. We use law, science and the support of 3.1 million members and online activists to protect the planet's wildlife and wild places and to ensure a safe and healthy environment for all living things. NRDC was founded in 1970 and our staff helped write some of America's bedrock environmental laws, including the Clean Air Act, and many of the implementing regulations; our climate and clean energy cases have played a major role shaping current climate policy throughout the country. Today, our staff of more than 500 lawyers, scientists, economists, policy and communications experts, and others, work out of offices in New York, Washington, Chicago, Los Angeles, San Francisco, Bozeman, Montana and Beijing.
NRDC is seeking an Attorney to serve as a Climate and Clean Energy Legal Fellow. This two-year fellowship is available starting immediately. The Fellow will focus on expected litigation and the administrative processes related to agency actions to weaken climate, clean air, and clean energy standards, with particular focus on the transportations sector. The Fellow will work closely with attorneys from NRDC's Climate & Clean Energy Program and Litigation Team.
* The Fellow will join NRDC's Climate & Clean Energy Program and will be supervised by senior litigating attorneys.
* The Fellow's docket will concentrate on litigation and administrative agency rulemakings and litigation concerning regulations to limit greenhouse gas emissions, particularly in the transportation sector.
* The litigation is expected to be intensive and will involve substantial legal research, writing and analysis. The litigation is expected to occur primarily in the D.C. Circuit Court of Appeals but may also be brought in other forums.
* The administrative practice will be before the Environmental Protection Agency, Department of Transportation, and other federal agencies.
* The Fellow may also assist with analysis of legal questions relevant to state climate protection efforts and clean transportation policy, as well as review of federal legislative proposals.
* The Fellow will work closely with NRDC scientists and policy experts.
* This position will be based in Washington, DC.
* Law degree and 1-5 years of relevant experience.
* Transportation-related policy and / or legal experience a plus.
* Exceptional legal writing, and analytical skills.
* Excellent academic and professional record.
* Comfort interpreting scientific and technical concepts.
* Strong interpersonal skills and enthusiasm for teamwork.
* Capacity to work hard, efficiently, and independently.
NRDC is committed to workplace diversity and inclusion. We are equal opportunity employers and do not discriminate in hiring or employment on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, gender identity and expression, marital status, sexual orientation, age, disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local law. We offer competitive salaries, excellent benefits, and a pleasant working environment. Salary is based on a nonprofit scale and commensurate with experience. Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, for positions based in San Francisco, CA we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
To apply, please visit www.nrdc.org/careers and upload your resume and cover letter through our online portal. Please no phone calls, emails, faxes or in-person resume drop-offs. Please reference where you saw this posting. NRDC is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
If you are having technical difficulty while applying, please reach out to Customer Care by dialing 1-800-###-####.
For further information about NRDC, please visit www.nrdc.org.