MV Transportation is seeking Reservations Agents who will accept trip reservations from eligible passengers collecting all necessary data required to schedule trips accordingly. Critical results include:
- Phone calls answered promptly and hold times kept to a minimum and according to contract
- Passenger database maintained accurately and new entries complete and accurate
- Reservations complete and accurate, all pertinent information available
- Answer passenger calls collecting all necessary trip information for the permissible time period.
- Provide system information for current and new passengers as well as for potential passengers on accessing the transportation service and using it effectively.
- Complete data entry of passenger file information and for specific trip requests, negotiating requested times where necessary or appropriate.
- Provide feedback to passengers in the way of follow-up calls as a course of duty or as required by schedule changes.
- Communicate passenger cancellations in a timely manner to scheduling, dispatch, or vehicle operations personnel.
- Maintain up to date passenger records in customer database, making all necessary changes in status, client contact information, fare/rider type or other important field entries.
- Maintain a safe work area and a focus on safety to reduce the opportunity for injury to self or other employees.
- Maintain accurate records and appropriate filing systems.
- Communicate effectively with operations staff regarding scheduling or passenger issues.
- Ability to handle multiple tasks accurately and effectively.
- Excellent customer service.
- Professional demeanor and appearance.
- Reliable in attendance.
- Team player and helpful to staff, management, and peers.
Education: High School diploma or equivalent; some college preferred
Experience: Previous clerical, data entry, customer service experience preferred but not required; must be able to fluently speak both English and Spanish
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Customer service
- Data entry
- Knowledge of service area
- General knowledge of windows-based computer operating systems
- Ability to read, write and speak both English and Spanish
- Ability to communicate effectively on all levels
- Ability to use multi-line phone system
MV Transportation is committed to as policy of Equal Employment Opportunity and will not discriminate against an applicant or employee on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, national origin or ancestry, sex, physical or mental disability, veteran or military status, genetic information or any other legally recognized protected basis under federal, state or local laws, regulations or ordinances. The information collected by this application is solely to determine suitability for employment, verify identity and maintain employment statistics on applicants.
Where permissible under applicable state and local law, applicants may be subject to a pre-employment drug test and background check after receiving a conditional offer of employment.
Associated topics: agent, answer, call center representative, clerk, client service, csr, customer service, representative, service, telephone