MV Transportation is seeking an Assistant Scheduling Manager, whowill have the primary responsibility of overseeing and supervising the Scheduling Agent to ensure they perform computer and manual operations/calculations to create routes for Metro Access drivers to perform on day of service for all trips scheduled through the Call Center or automated scheduling system.
- Research and analyze scheduled trip requests using the Trapeze Scheduling software.
- Match trip requests to a route that will ensure timely pick-up from origin or arrival to destination.
- Analyze batched trip to ensure they are optimized to on the assigned route.
- Research and correct schedule violations breach of on-board violations, incorrect vehicle capacities, and trips that requested outside of the defined service area.
- Ensure that at the end of the scheduling process, OTP goals are reached and route schedules are adequate to allow for timely-performance.
- Must have knowledge of Trapeze software at the expert level.
- Understands the batch process and utilization of resources to meet current demand of service.
- Oversee and supervise Scheduling Staff.
- Makes recommendations to hire or terminate subordinate employees.
- Implements disciplinary action when applicable.
- Minimum of three (3) years advanced experience using Trapeze software in a scheduling environment.
- Excellent knowledge of the Washington Metropolitan area.
- Ability to work independently.
- Ability to multi-task and prioritize work assignments.
- Basic computer skills and ability to operate Microsoft Office programming.
- Ability to communicate effectively and working coordination with other departments is critical.
- Current employees cannot have accumulated more than allowable number of attendance points to be considered eligible for transfer/promotion.
- Must be able to demonstrate ability to perform the essential functions of this position during the probationary period.
MV Transportation is committed to as policy of Equal Employment Opportunity and will not discriminate against an applicant or employee on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, national origin or ancestry, sex, physical or mental disability, veteran or military status, genetic information or any other legally recognized protected basis under federal, state or local laws, regulations or ordinances. The information collected by this application is solely to determine suitability for employment, verify identity and maintain employment statistics on applicants.
Where permissible under applicable state and local law, applicants may be subject to a pre-employment drug test and background check after receiving a conditional offer of employment.