* Customer Service
* Ensure smooth day to day operations of designated store. Foster and promote a strong work culture and #MilkBarLife, and uphold brand service standards.
* Guide and support FOH team to provide exceptional customer experience.
* Maintain brand identity in all interactions. Address and resolve all customers issues at the store, on Social Media and through Customer Service Dept.
* Human Resources and Talent Development
* Supports the store manager with onboarding any new hires as needed.
* Assist store manager in managing the team and provide timely response to any needs.
* Employee performance
* Potential hiring needs
* Suggested product par edits
* Equipment, product, & special order issues as they arise
* Weekly goals for yourself, staff, & storefront improvements
* Plan of action & solid deadlines for completing the aforementioned goals
* Customer feedback.
* Support the SM in managing appropriate staffing needs as needed, including, but not limited to: weekly tips, callouts, lateness and more.
* Serves as go-to point person for certain advanced job roles, as needed and defined by the store manager.
* Maintain legal compliance with all relevant company policies, EEO, labor, HR, wage and food safety laws and regulations.
* Manage staff contests, including but not limited to: Employee of the Quarter.
Operations & Sales
* Control and track refunds, discounts and any financial inconsistencies.
* Monitor inventory and replenish stock from commissary kitchen by using the provided inventory systems.
* Be knowledgeable with troubleshooting any and all equipment issues.
* Ensure storefront, FOH and BOH are clean and appealing to guests.
* Comply with an DOH regulations and Milk Bar standards when performing cleaning tasks and when preparing food and beverages.
* Oversee all menu changes and ensure they are properly implemented. Communicate all menu changes to delivery and pickup services.
* Address any facilities, tech and art requests with corresponding departments.
SKILLS & REQUIREMENTS
* 2 years experience required, preferably in the Hospitality / Food Service industry.
* Past managerial experience is a plus.
* Work a minimum of 4 shift (32 hours) / week at the store.
* Food handler card required (Food Protection Certificate in NYC).
* Strong communication skills. Ability to solve problems independently and delegate as needed.
* Passion for food, sweets and coffee - big plus.