About MedStar National Rehabilitation Network (MNRN)
At MNRN, we are known for our patient focus and providing exceptional access to the best care. Our reputation makes our employees proud. But that's not enough. Working here, you have the opportunity to continuously improve yourself through the meaningful work, the impact you make, the supportive interactions with fiercely loyal colleagues, and the many ways to learn, through mentorship, a diverse patient population, and exposure to a variety of areas of care.
And finally, our employees can see first-hand how they make their patients' lives better, oftentimes developing deep rooted relationships. We strive to provide the best care to our patients and are dedicated to the betterment of each other and a better you.
Best Care. Better You.
General Summary of Position
- MedStar National Rehabilitation Hospital (NRH) is divided into four (4) units:
- Cardiac Care and Stroke
- Orthopedics and Spinal Cord Injury (SCI)
- Traumatic Brain Injury (TBI) and Stroke
- The Registered Nurse (RN) is accountable for management of a select group of patients on a 24-hour basis. In addition, the RN assumes the responsibility for providing support to the Primary Nurse Team through mentorship, education leadership and evaluation.
As a RN with MNRN, you will have the ability to spend quality time with your patients, assisting and supporting them as they progress in recovery and learning to live with any effects of their injury. You will work as part of an interdisciplinary team, learning from each other and Adding life to years for the patients you will serve.
EDUCATION: Graduate of an accredited School of Nursing.
EXPERIENCE: Must have a minimum of one (1) year experience within a rehabilitation or acute setting.
LICENSE/CERT/REG: DC nursing license or eligibility for such; evidence of current CPR card. CRRN preferred.
SKILLS: The ideal candidate will have sound judgment skills with reference to Nursing ethical guidelines and patient care. The RN must be compassionate towards patients and family members, have the ability to work in a fast paced environment, have excellent communication skills and the ability to work in a team of various medical professionals.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities
- Contributes to the achievement of established department goals and objectives and adheres to department policies, procedures, quality standards and safety standards. Complies with governmental and accreditation regulations.
- Provides effective and efficient patient care and provides all patient care as indicated in the MedStar National Rehabilitation Network (MNRN) nursing policies and procedures.
- Seeks and uses resources effectively to treat complex patients or patients with diagnoses not in their area of expertise.
- Participates in patient and family conferences as indicated while collaborating with the patient, family and other team members to establish short and long term treatment goals.
- Demonstrates clinical expertise in area of specialty and acts as a resource for co-workers.
- Functions as a role model for the practice of Rehabilitation Nursing through demonstration of professional conduct and ethical standards of practice while teaching staff, students and other professionals.
- Assists with orientation of new staff.
- Demonstrates efficiency and guides Rehabilitation Care Technicians (RCTs) in maximizing use of nursing services while delegating appropriately and following up on assignments given to RCTs on the unit.
- Provides supervision to assigned RCTs to include input to performance appraisals as assigned.
- Documents patient care activities in an accurate and timely manner. Accurately assesses and records Functional Improvement Ratings within established guidelines.
- Demonstrates competency in completing the current electronic documentation system.
- Completes documentation of medication administration and PT treatment in the electronic record.
- Accurately reports patient acuity rating in the electronic record.
- Actively participates and problem solves on service/hospital task forces and committees.
- Participates in multidisciplinary quality and service improvement teams as appropriate. Participates in meetings, serves on committees and represents the department and hospital/facility in community outreach efforts as appropriate.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Associated topics: ambulatory, asn, bsn, cardiothoracic, ccu, hospice, intensive, intensive care, intensive care unit, psychatric