The person we seek will lead strategic direction, management and top-line revenues for the Carlyle Dupont Circle, Washington DC. Responsible for working directly with the General Manager and Regional Director of Sales & Marketing in creating a clear and credible vision for the hotel. Understands market mix and aligns human resources, structures and systems to achieve strategic goals and maximize revenues.
Works tactically with the Director of Revenue Management,Digital Marketing and Public Relations to ensure a strategically symbiotic relationship between the five disciplines.
Reporting to this position includes sales team, administrative support, catering and convention services.
It is the responsibility of the Director of Sales & Marketing to possess the knowledge of regional trends, proactively respond to financial performance, provide strategic direction for the sales teams and ensure achievement of Kimpton's short and long term goals.
Primary Job Responsibilities:
* Continually assess strengths/challenges of sales team members
* Provides coaching, mentoring and training to sales team
* Incorporates marketing and public relations initiatives to support sales strategies and activities
* Establishes a sense of urgency with the team to understand and achieve the needs of the hotel
* Handles specific accounts assigned by Regional Director of Sales & Marketing
* Handles assigned market segment based upon experience and depth of contact base to benefit hotels
* Knowledgeable of competitive set and recommends sales/pricing strategies, service and product improvements to stay competitive
* Responsible for achieving group rooms revenue budgets for hotel
* Consistently reviews shifts in market mix with Revenue and General Manager teams and makes deployment/pricing recommendations
* Stays atop industry trends
* Works with National Sales Team to communicate specific account needs to impact revenues for the hotels
* Responsible for appropriate identification of key markets and supporting deployment and travel schedule strategies
*Responsible for directing and managing our Public Relations efforts by working directly with our Public Relations Manager and the Kimpton home office public relations team
* Responsible for assisting in completion and communication of monthly sales/revenue results to Regional Director of Sales & Marketing, General Managers, Area Director of Operations and VP, Sales
* Actively participates in weekly yield meeting
* Works with Director of Revenue Management on monthly, quarterly and annual group rooms forecasting
* Regular analysis of industry intelligence reports (Star, Rubicon, Agency 360, Pulse and Bandwidth etc.)
* Pulls and analyzes appropriate data to develop and recommend appropriate actions
* Assist with individual quarterly action plans and Annual Reviews of group sales team
* Ensure that accurate and thorough notes/traces of accounts are maintained via PMS and Delphi Database
Job Requirements - Skills Required:
* Strong Selling Skills
* Ability to inspire, lead and manage a team by example
* Act as owner of the hotel and communicate a clear sense of strategy and purpose
* Strong analytical skills and computer skills including Word and Excel
* Well organized, detail oriented with excellent follow-up
* Must possess excellent communication skills both internally and externally
* Ability to convert vision into specific and tangible actions to benefit the hotel
* Needs to possess nimbleness by changing with the needs of the hotel and the Kimpton Group
* Must emulate the Kimpton Culture
Preferred Knowledge/ Qualifications:
Bachelors degree in Hotel Administration, Business, or minimum 3 years as a Director of Sales in an equivalent hotel.
Excellent command of the English language both writing and verbal communication skills, computer literacy and working knowledge of Delphi Sales Software and Lanyon. Administrative software knowledge such as Power Point, Excel, Word, Microsoft Office