Head Start, Early Childhood Specialist Region III (Remote)
Education - Excluding Post Secondary
9 2nd Ave
Check out similar listings!
Loading some great jobs for you...
Working at ICF
Working at ICF means applying a passion for meaningful work with intellectual rigor to help solve the leading issues of our day. Smart, compassionate, innovative, committed, ICF employees tackle unprecedented challenges to benefit people, businesses, and governments around the globe. We believe in collaboration, mutual respect, open communication, and opportunity for growth. If you're seeking to make a difference in the world, visit www.icf.com/careers to find your next career. ICF-together for tomorrow.
This position requires extensive travel up to 50% of the time throughout Region III.
The Regional Training and Technical Assistance (TTA) Network extends the work of the Office of Head Start (OHS) to individual grantees and groups of grantees within Region III (DC, DE, MD, PA, VA, and WV).
ICF seeks an experienced Early Childhood (EC) Specialist to support Head Start and Early Head Start programs in developing and implementing high quality services in accordance with federal regulations. The Specialist will provide professional-level expertise though a process consultation approach that leads to realistic and sustainable strategies for achieving program and school readiness goals.
This position is home-based in one of the Region III states and will involve travel to provide training and technical assistance to Head Start and Early Head Start grantees and participate in state, regional and national TTA meetings, and professional development opportunities.
* Continue and extend the work of the OHS by targeting the work of the National Centers and Head Start initiatives to individual grantees and groups of grantees within the region. * Under the direction of the Office of Head Start Regional Office, provide training and technical assistance related to the: * implementation of an age, developmentally, culturally, and linguistically appropriate curriculum and ongoing child assessment; * improvement of teacher/child interactions as described by the Classroom Assessment Scoring System (CLASS) for center based preschool programs; * skills necessary to aggregate, analyze, and use data obtained through multiple sources including but not limited to ongoing child assessment, CLASS, child health, PIR, and family engagement data for the purpose of informing teaching, curriculum implementation, progress reports for parents, staff development and training, and other aspects of program improvement; * development and implementation of mentoring and coaching strategies; * implementation of family engagement services that are systemic, integrated and comprehensive; and * understanding of developmentally appropriate practice in early childhood education and the ability to support its use in school readiness goals * ability to review, aggregate, and present data gathered from multiple sources
* Bachelor's Degree in Early Childhood Education or Child Development or related field (If related field, transcripts must show evidence of 18 ECE credits). *Submit transcripts with all related degrees. * A minimum of five years' experience in programs for young children with experience spanning the birth to age five continuum. * Experience providing training and technical assistance to teachers/home visitors and/or education managers in early childhood programs * Experience with Microsoft Office (Word, Excel and PowerPoint). * Must have valid driver's license and successfully pass a Motor Vehicle Records (MVR) check
* Master's Degree in Early childhood Education or Child Development (If related field, transcripts must show evidence of 18 ECE credits). *Submit transcripts with all related degrees. * A minimum of five years' experience working in a Head Start and/or Early Head Start program that includes: * implementation of the Head Start Performance Standards and applicable rules and regulations; * participation in state early care and education systems including QRIS and child data systems; * family engagement; * implementation of a researched based curriculum and assessment; * Practice Based Coaching; * service to dual language learners; and * collaboration with diverse early care and education programs and service delivery options such as center-based, home-based and family child care.
* Excellent verbal and written communication skills. * Ability to maintain up to date knowledge of current child development practices and research based early childhood quality methods and approaches. * Ability to review, aggregate, analyze, and present data gathered from multiple sources. * Ability to document TTA activity in a technical reporting format. * Strong analytical, problem-solving and decision-making capabilities. * Ability to work within a fast-paced, team environment. * Ability to work with all levels of internal staff, as well as outside clients and vendors. * Ability to use various technology platforms and web-based programs for tracking and reporting. * Ability to develop and implement strategic and viable plans.
ICF offers an excellent benefits package, an award winning talent development program, and fosters a highly skilled, energized and empowered workforce.
ICF is an equal opportunity employer that values diversity at all levels. (EOE - Minorities/Females/ Protected Veterans Status/Disability Status/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity)
Reasonable Accommodations are available for disabled veterans and applicants with disabilities in all phases of the application and employment process. To request an accommodation please email ...@icf.com and we will be happy to assist. All information you provide will be kept confidential and will be used only to the extent required to provide needed reasonable accommodations. Read more about non-discrimination: EEO is the law and Pay Transparency Statement.
DC Remote Office (DC99) Associated topics: assistant preschool teacher, associate kindergarten teacher, child care, early childhood, early education, infant, pre kindergarten, preschool, preschool teacher, toddler
* The salary listed in the header is an estimate based on salary data for similar jobs in the same area. Salary or compensation data found in the job description is accurate.