The Assistant Fitness Manager
will lead the Group Fitness Program and Group coaches of their club. The Assistant Fitness Manager will also serve as a resource to educate members on various aspects of fitness. They will provide training and leadership for all coaches and fitness advisors to deliver exceptional service and results to clients. They will have responsibility to drive all aspects of the GOLD'S STUDIO program at their club and for overall revenue generation of GOLD'S STUDIO monies to attain short and long term financial goals. The Assistant Fitness Manager will role-model the company's values and culture. Responsibilities
- Have the ability to teach, perform, and scale the GOLD'S Foundational Movements.
- Ensure group coaches of STUDIO and BOOTCAMP are accurately and effectively delivering the individually adapted national programming designed to enhance overall fitness, strength, and endurance, while ensuring that the safety of the members is not compromised.
- Monitor and assist members to ensure proper form is used while performing GOLD'S STUDIO movements/workouts.
- Believe in and create the experience of GOLD'S STUDIO within each class, as well as throughout daily member engagement.
- Develop the program by achieving monthly goals of guest generation, signing up new members, utilization, and the selling of on-ramp and skill sessions.
- Engage and follow-up on all current and prospective GOLD'S STUDIO members by personally calling and emailing them at least one time per month.
- Focus on the Active Member Base to continue to increase utilization, drive bigger class counts/ guest counts to create a competitive and fun environment.
- Participate in 2-3 Group classes per week minimum to lead by example, engage with members and provide feedback to coaches.
- Maintains current knowledge of company pricing and promotions regarding GOLD'S STUDIO and helps to ensure all fitness Team Members are aware.
- Assumes responsibility for developing the \"Above Access\" sales skills of the gym staff to drive growth of the EFT business and reach total revenue goals.
- Execute any action items laid out by the GM, FM or Support Center Fitness Team.
- Help to hire, train, and manage a team of personal trainers, coaches, GGX instructors and fitness advisors.
- Help to plan, develop, and execute regular meetings with coaching staff and members of the fitness team.
- Will practice, perform, and teach any new movements as required before
- Maintains GOLD'S STUDIO session override counts on a weekly basis.
- Conduct personal training sessions with clients, per tier guidelines outlined in incentive agreements.
- Help to maintain accurate and up-to-date certification and CPR records of all group coaches.
- Manage Group Fitness programs including coach hiring, training and development. This includes developing a robust schedule of classes, providing coach feedback, holding quarterly practices. Also, overseeing the execution of administrative duties including: Monthly GGX Tracker Report, payroll submissions, substitute scheduling, class attendance monitoring, managing equipment inventory, member and instructor communication and certification management.
- Help to manage fitness advisors on fitness profile execution.
- Maintains a positive relationship with entire gym staff and members.
- Must possess well-developed understanding and use of management skills such as recruitment, selection, training and development, coaching, goal setting, performance management, delegation and organization.
- 1 years of professional experience in the Fitness Industry preferred.
- Must be willing to obtain other certifications as directed by Corporate Policy.
- Must have current CPT, CEU's and CPR & AED Certification.
- Experience coaching group classes, personal training, and/ or instructing group exercise classes
- Experience with full-body \"functional\" movements such as deadlift, pull-up, swing, press, kettlebell training, etc.
- Specialty certifications that coach full-body movement such as RKC Kettlebell, Olympic weightlifting, etc. preferred.
- Excellent communication and customer service skills.
- Must be able to lift at least 50 pounds repeatedly.
- Must be able to stand, bend, lift, stoop, spot or walk repeatedly without any problems