Serves as the operations manager for the National Capital Region (NCR) supporting our FAA customer(s). Manages the day-to-day operations for assigned program, including technical work, staff supervision, financial and business development activities.
1. Manages and is responsible for the successful completion of all tasks in assigned program area including technical work, financial and business development activities.
2. Supervises assigned technical and administrative staff, including subordinate supervisors, and performs personnel actions including hiring and performance evaluation.
3. Directs program activities to meet client and organization work objectives and serves as a liaison with clients to coordinate activities, negotiate tasks, and solve problems.
4. Assures quality of program products, services, and deliverables, including participating in reviews, audits, and site visits.
5. Performs business development activities, including the preparation and review of technical and cost proposals.
6. Performs program financial management services, including financial analysis, budget and cost quote preparation, cost management, reconciliation, and profit enhancement.
7. Coordinates and monitors sub-contractor activities and administers subcontractor deliverables and finances.
8. Develops, reviews, and approves plans, schedules, consulting agreements and other program documents.
9. Prepares and provides various reports and technical reviews to senior management as requested.
10. Ensures compliance with relevant corporate and government policies and standards.
11. Participates in special projects as required.
Site-specific Duties include but are not necessarily limited to:
Perform maintenance on Avaya Systems knowledge to include the G430/450's, S8300's, Modular Messaging , Message Application Servers, and Message Storage Servers. Maintenance consists of trouble shooting, diagnosing and repairing user reported troubles, problems identified by the switch during the performance of nightly routines and performing monthly Preventative Maintenance Inspections IAW OEM guidelines.
Perform telephone moves, adds, and change (MAC) work when identified by users. This includes software programming within the switch consisting of but not limited to adding new features, stations, network groups to include T-1s, associated routing of those T-1s, and Automated Call Distribution (ACD) groups. Within the voice mail system this consists of adding new voice mail boxes, automated attendants, and changing existing automated attendants. Deleting within software existing stations, mailboxes, automated attendants, etc. Technician must have the technical knowledge to perform switch programming within Avaya Communication Manager architecture. Participate in site technical meetings related to the telephone switch to include guidance on use, adaptation, configuration and switch enhancements. Provide user training on telephone instruments, telephone features and the Modular Messaging voice mail systems.
8-10 years of related experience, including supervisory experience.
Must be able to obtain/retain an FAA PIV badge (MANDATORY)
Applicant must be able to read, write and speak English fluently. Job requires selected applicant(s) must be available for local travel and provide support to multiple geographicially separated facilities in/around the Washington DC metro area; applicant must be able to walk, possess valid drivers license/insurance, climb stairs up and down, crawl under desks and perform other manual activities without issue or impediment. Must be able to lift 45 pounds and stand/walk for long periods of time.
For more than 50 years, General Dynamics Information Technology has served as a trusted provider of information technology, systems engineering, training and professional services to customers across federal, state, and local governments, and in the commercial sector. Over 40,000 GDIT professionals deliver enterprise solutions, manage mission-critical IT programs and provide mission support services worldwide. GDIT is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status, or any other protected class.