This position is located in the Criminal Division's Office of Administration, Human Resources Operations Staff (HR Ops). HR Ops executes requests in all areas of human resources management related to recruitment, staffing, payroll, benefits and records, and services all Sections and Offices of the Division, with offices primarily located in Washington, D.C.
Learn more about this agency
As a Lead HR Specialist you will:
* Work closely with selecting officials through all stages of the recruitment process to include: developing recruitment documents, drafting vacancies, evaluating applicants, and tendering offers of employment.
* Advise supervisors in developing accurate position descriptions and assuming responsibility for their technical adequacy in meeting classification requirements.
* Provide research and analysis on issues related to staffing and recruitment such as the use of different hiring authorities, pay flexibilities, audit requirements, and recruitment methods utilizing federal code, public laws, executive orders, and government and Department policy.
* Manage the workload of all staffing and recruitment efforts for assigned team of HR Specialists and HR Assistants. Keep in touch with the status and progress of work, and makes day- to- day adjustments in accordance with established priorities.
* Review work of assigned team of HR Specialists and HR Assistants to include: vacancy announcements,quality review of qualifications decisions, draft PD's, job analyses, crediting plans, and certificates.
* Assist the Assistant Director and other Lead HR Specialists in preparing for DE and Human Capital audits.
* Job family (Series)
0201 Human Resources Management
HelpRequirements Conditions of Employment
* You must be a U.S. Citizen to qualify for this position.
* You must undergo a pre-employment security investigation.
* Selective Service Registration is required, as applicable.
* You must meet all qualification requirements by the closing date of this announcement.
* You must meet status eligibility for this announcement.
* Direct Deposit: All federal employees are required to have federal salary payments made by direct deposit to a financial institution of their choosing.
* The Criminal Division participates in the Electronic Employment Eligibility Verification Program. E-Verify helps employers to confirm the employment eligibility of all newly hired employees. For more information, visit
To qualify for the GS-12, you must have at least one year of specialized experience at, or equivalent to, the GS-11 federal grade level. This experience must include duties such as: supporting a federal staffing and recruitment program to include drafting job analyses and crediting plans for delegated examining and merit promotion recruitment; providing management advisory services related to staffing and recruitment; and researching, interpreting and applying appropriate federal laws, regulations, policies, and guidelines in the area of recruitment, placement, or classification.
Time-in-Grade: Federal employees must meet time-in-grade requirements for consideration by the closing date of this announcement.
There is no education requirement for this position.