*Posted Date:* Jan 29, 2019
* We have an opening for a full-time *SUPERVISOR, COOK-HRLY* position.
* *Location*: Gallaudet University, 800 Florida Ave NE, Washington, DC 20002. /Note: online applications accepted _only_./
* *Schedule*: F/T schedule; more details upon interview.
* *Requirement*: Prior cooking experience and American Sign Language (ASL) knowledge preferred.
*This position is eligible for an Employee Referral Bonus! *If you know someone that would be a great fit for this role, you can refer them to this position and potentially earn an Employee Referral Bonus! Click here to view the step-by-step instructions to refer a friend to this position.
If you have a positive attitude and a love for learning, you may be interested in joining our team.
Are you looking for a job with competitive wages and benefits, one in which you can learn and grow while making a difference in the world? We're hiring! Bon App?tit Management Company operates more than 1,000 caf?s around the country for corporations, universities, and museums, as well as a few dozen public restaurants. We've led the industry in socially and environmentally responsible sourcing, from sustainable seafood to cage-free eggs. We cook everything from scratch using fresh, local ingredients.
Full-time associates at Bon App?tit are eligible for many benefits, including:
* Paid vacation and sick leave
* Medical, Dental, and Vision
* 401(k) with matching by company
* Flexible Spending Accounts (FSAs)
* Commuter Benefits
* Wellness Program
* Employee Assistance Program
* Life Insurance for Associates and Eligible Dependents
* Short Term Disability (STD) and Long Term Disability (LTD)
* Accidental Death & Dismemberment (AD&D) Insurance
* On-the-job training
Learn more about careers with Bon App?tit:
*Summary:* Directly supervises food-service associates in accordance with policies, procedures and applicable laws.
*Essential Duties and Responsibilities:*
* Trains employees; plans, assigns and directs work; appraises performance; rewards and disciplines associates; addresses complaints and resolves problems.
* Advises management of purchasing requirements with a focus on minimizing waste and avoiding product shortages.
* Uses approved food recipes and production standards to ensure proper quality, serving temperatures and standard portion control.
* Operates and cleans equipment in accordance with department procedures after each use.
* Stores, labels and dates food items according to policy; maintains established food rotations in storage in order to minimize spoilage and waste.
* Follows HACCP guidelines to ensure quality and safety of food supply.
* Operates food-service equipment in a safe manner and according to established policies and procedures.
* Helps serves meals; remains present during scheduled meal periods to receive customer comments and feedback.
* Performs other duties as assigned.
*About Compass Group: Achieving leadership in the foodservice industry*
Compass Group is an equal opportunity employer. At Compass, we are committed to treating all Applicants and Associates fairly based on their abilities, achievements, and experience without regard to race, national origin, sex, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other classification protected by law.
Qualified candidates must be able to perform the essential functions of this position satisfactorily with or without a reasonable accommodation. Disclaimer: this job post is not necessarily an exhaustive list of all essential responsibilities, skills, tasks, or requirements associated with this position. While this is intended to be an accurate reflection of the position posted, the Company reserves the right to modify or change the essential functions of the job based on business necessity. /*Los Angeles applicants: Compass Group will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring (Ban the Box ordinance)./
Req ID: 246158