Overall responsibility for all aspects of small/medium sized construction project management including, but not limited to, plans review for technical completeness, schedule development/review/approval, environment of care compliance and construction effectiveness, communication with user departments, budget oversight and contingency management, contractor supervision and construction quality assurance. Assists with the construction quality assurance and construction compliance with all other projects under management at CNMC. Other duties as assigned.
Qualifications Specific Requirements and Preferences
Degree in engineering or other construction related field or the equivalent experience (Required) Minimum Work Experience
7 years Specific Requirements and Preferences
Increasing project management supervision and quality assurance (Required)
Experience with creating project schedules, supervising construction trades (both internal employees and third party contractors) utilizing project management software. (Required) Required Skills/Knowledge
Proven ability to manage construction jobs on time and within budget.
Excellent communication (both written and oral) skills in the areas of contract compliance/supervision and user expectation management.
In depth knowledge of construction means and methods combined with proven ability to problem solve job site problems and coordination issues.
Intermediate word processing skills and ability to write effective business letters.
Intermediate Excel spreadsheet skills. Functional Accountabilities Operations and Staff Management
1. Develop staffing plans/schedules and resources to optimize productivity and ensure quality service; scope hires and supervise the contracting/staffing of project needs for both CNMC and third party contractors to maintain schedules, etc.
2. Participate in developing architectural programs for customer department.
3. Work with administrative coordinator to maintain schedules, budgets, contracts and user group communications for each project; develop agendas, office appointments, meetings, conferences, and projects.
4. Help design and implement efficient work systems and work groups; assume direct responsibility for all aspects of small/medium projects once design is completed.
5. Provide training and developmental opportunities for staff; initiate disciplinary actions when necessary .
6. Assist Director to manage large projects. Project Management
1. Responsible for all aspects of construction management; act as the owners advocate.
2. Ability to maintain all required project documentation for change orders, requests for information, construction bulletins and other contract correspondence.
3. Ability to manage and control the project overall budget, include but not limited to being able to track change order requests and contingency risk reserve assessment; ability to support the financial analyst in cash flow tracking/forecasting and grant reporting; review appropriateness and pricing for change order requests and make recommendations regarding acceptance of such.
4. Ability to draft all associated project communication with contractor, design team and departmental users; ability to write monthly project summaries for each project under direct supervision.
5. Ability to foster and work in a team environment (include both internal and external members) and develop a customer focused approach to project management and problem resolution.
6. Maintain project logs (including RFIs, Change orders, and Bulletins) and initiate follow up on unique or delayed items; review project initiation and control forms for adequacy and work with submitting departments to achieve satisfactory information is received. Quality Assurance
1. Support and assist with the construction quality assurance supervision of other construction projects as assigned.
2. Responsible for on-site supervision of the contractor, quality review/oversight of construction quality and compliance with plans and specifications.
3. Determine benchmarks for high productivity to determine adequate staffing. Customer Service
1. Respond to both internal and external requests in an effective and friendly customer service manner .
2. Initiate and follow up on project correspondence and customer communication. Safety
1. Speak up when team members appear to exhibit unsafe behavior or performance
2. Continuously validate and verify information needed for decision making or documentation
3. Stop in the face of uncertainty and takes time to resolve the situation
4. Demonstrate accurate, clear and timely verbal and written communication
5. Actively promote safety for patients, families, visitors and co-workers
6. Attend carefully to important details - practicing Stop, Think, Act and Review in order to self-check behavior and performance Organizational Accountabilities Monitor Budget
1. Provide all direct data to analyst for development and monitoring of small/medium project budgets and variance reports.
2. Manage the contingency and project risk reserve analyses for assigned projects. Organizational Commitment/Identification
1. Partner in the mission and upholds the core principles of the organization
2. Committed to diversity and recognizes value of cultural ethnic differences
3. Demonstrate personal and professional integrity
4. Maintain confidentiality at all times Customer Service
1. Anticipate and responds to customer needs; follows up until needs are met Teamwork/Communication
1. Demonstrate collaborative and respectful behavior
2. Partner with all team members to achieve goals
3. Receptive to others ideas and opinions Performance Improvement/Problem-solving
1. Contribute to a positive work environment
2. Demonstrate flexibility and willingness to change
3. Identify opportunities to improve clinical and administrative processes
4. Make appropriate decisions, using sound judgment Cost Management/Financial Responsibility
1. Use resources efficiently
2. Search for less costly ways of doing things
Associated topics: chief program officer, cpo, manage, manager, management, monitor, product manager, project manager, relationship manager, task