Business Development Manager (13736)
Cherokee Nation Management & Consulting (CNMC) is a versatile small business that provides advisory & assistance services in research, experimental development, technology implementation, and program management. CNMC has expertise in a wide-range of technical disciplines including engineering, environmental, information and asset management, along with a variety of physical and life sciences. The company is an integral part of the Technology Division s portfolio of companies. Wholly owned by the Cherokee Nation, CNMC is part of the Cherokee Nation Businesses family of companies.
To learn more about our company visit our website at www.cherokee-cnmc.com.
The position will be responsible for generating new federal business and will lead federal business development and capture efforts, sales and marketing and proposal development.
- Align activities with capturing work competitively.
- Support competitive procurement efforts.
- Identify and drive work to task orders on established IDIQ and GSA contracts.
- Develop projections and reporting for monthly, weekly and daily sales and sales contacts.
- Use a sales contact database system, such as Salesforce.
- Coordinate the research and development of capture and account plans.
- Execute capture plan to convert opportunities to awarded multi-year revenue contracts.
- Participate in local network organizations.
- Develop and manage marketing/sales material.
- Maintain good communication with the client, supervisor and peers within the organization to ensure both positive and negative feedback is communicated.
- Serve as customer liaison, listening and understanding the customer issues and problems, providing a solution if possible, and following through on all commitments.
- May perform other job-related duties as assigned.
- Manage a team and provide input towards hiring/firing/performance decisions.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Exhibit knowledge and experience in the federal sales capture process.
- Demonstrate exceptional communication, presentation, follow-up, negotiation and closing skills.
- Establish and build relationships within all levels of client management.
- Proficient in Microsoft suite and in contact management database software.
- Demonstrated use of the Shipley Capture Process.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor s Degree Business, Marketing or, depending on the company, a degree related to that field and 8 or more years of experience in business development role working with federal government clients with at least 5 or more years of experience capturing competitive work in the federal government market space.
Applicants selected will be subject to a U.S. Government security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements for this position.
We are an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, gender identity and sexual orientation. If you d like more information about your EEO rights as an applicant under the law, please copy and paste the links to the following two sites:
If you are an individual with a disability and require a reasonable accommodation to complete any part of the application process, or are limited in the ability or unable to access or use this online application process and need an alternative method for applying, you may e-mail [Click Here to Email Your Resum ] for assistance. This email address is for accommodation requests only and cannot be used to inquire about the application process or status.
For Pay Transparency Non Discrimination provision, please copy and paste the following link:
- maintain an Affirmative Action Plan for the purpose of proactively seeking employment and advancement for qualified protected veterans and individuals with disabilities. Upon request, we will schedule time to make our Affirmative Action Plan accessible. If you are interested, please submit a written request with the email subject line: 2018 Request to View Affirmative Action Plan to the Compliance Administrator at [Click Here to Email Your Resum ] . This email box is not for resumes or follow up on job applications.