Jacobs National Security Solutions (NSS) provides world-class IT network and service management capabilities; cutting edge cyber threat awareness and cybersecurity solutions; innovative web- and software applications development; and advanced data analytics for major clients in the Intelligence Community, Department of Defense, and Federal Civilian Agencies.
Our forward thinking solutions deliver an integrated approach to IT network design and management, full lifecycle IT service management, IT service delivery, asset management, logistics and procurement, and vendor management. We leverage the expertise and passion of our employees to conduct identity and access management, penetration testing, and vulnerability assessments for our nations most closely guarded agencies and networks. Our Cyber Security Operations Centers ensure safe, effective network operations for Federal clients while our data scientists are helping stop illegal acts before they can endanger Americans or our way of life.
Jacobs promotes a culture of operational excellence to create a safer, smarter, and more connected world while upholding the highest standards of compliance, quality and integrity.
We continue to thrive and need your talent and motivation to help propel us farther, faster.
Jacobs is seeking a Full Stack/ Lead Developer in Washington, DC. Duties will include:
- Employ software development techniques and methodologies for solving tough analytical challenges in support of one of our nation's premier law enforcement entities
- Provide technical leadership to development team and use software design and development skills to automate procedural and analytical processes
- Utilize technical lead specializations to include design and development of both front end user interfaces as well as back end services
- Collaborate with the engineering team to define and design architectural configurations
- Provide technical expertise to support migration of applications and data sets to the cloud
- Design, develop, and deploy specialized user solutions, applications and databases using a hybrid Agile approach within a DevOps environment
- Provide Tier 3 technical support for deployed applications and databases
- Ensure design consistency with open development standards and guidelines
- Work with business analysts, user experience developers, and project management to estimate and provide updates on tasks.
- Maintain code integrity and organization
- Provide effective communication to senior levels within a customer organization
- Active Top Secret security clearance with SCI eligibility
- BS degree in a related scientific or engineering discipline from an accredited college or university and ten (10) to fourteen (14) years of progressive experience, or an MS degree in a related scientific or engineering discipline, and eight (8) to twelve (12) years of progressive experience, or a Ph.D. degree in a related scientific or engineering discipline and four (4) to seven (7) years of progressive experience.
- Require demonstrated technical expertise in computer system applications.
- Prior experience providing technical leadership and guidance to development team
- High experience level with back-end programming languages (C#, Java/Spring, MSSQL, PL/SQL)
- High experience with the following technologies: SQL Server, MongoDB, HDFS, S3, Webservices, Microservices, Linux/Unix server environments
- Familiar with technologies jQuery, LDAP, HTTP, REST/SOAP, RDBMS
- Familiar with Amazon Web Services (AWS), Hadoop Big Data and cross domain data services
- Working knowledge with IDEs Eclipse, Netbeans, Visual Studio
- Familiar with Configuration Management and CI Tools Maven, Jenkins, Ansible
- Working knowledge with public keys and digital certificates
- Working knowledge of source control with Git/GitLab, TFS/Visual Studio
- Experience working in Agile development methodology
- Keen interest in learning and using the latest software tools, methods, and technologies to solve real world problem sets vital to national security
- Understanding of cloud concepts and enabling tools and technologies (AWS/C2S, MS Azure, Informatica, VMWare etc.)
- Experience with automated testing patterns and tools
- Preferred Qualifications (desired but not required):
- MS degree in a related scientific or engineering discipline and eight (8) to twelve (12) years of progressive experience, or a Ph.D. degree in a related scientific or engineering discipline and four (4) to seven (7) years of progressive experience.
- One or more of the following certifications: DoD 8570 IAT Level II, ITIL, AWS Associate or Professional Solution Architect, Microsoft Certified Technology certifications, (MCTA, MCTS)
- Direct Experience with DHS and Intelligence Community (IC) component's data architectures and environments
- Expertise in various COTS, GOTS, and open source tools which support development of data integration and visualization applications
- Experience with cloud message APIs and DevOps environments
- Specialization in Object Oriented Programming languages, scripting, and databases
- Familiar with R, Python, Groovy, Shell Script
Physical Requirements: Most work will be done at a desk or computer. Work Environment:
General Office environment. The work environment is fast-paced and sometimes involves extreme deadline pressures. The nature of the work requires a high degree of teamwork and cooperation with other members of the staff as well as individuals across the Company and Customers.
Equipment & Machines:
General office equipment including PC/laptop, Fax, Copiers, Shredder, Printers, Telephone, and other miscellaneous office equipment.
Attendance is critical at all times. Must be able to work a 40-hour workweek, normally Monday through Friday. However, times and days may vary depending on business requirements. Needs to be available to work overtime during critical peaks and be available to meet last minute requests for overtime should the situation occur.
Other Essential Functions: Must be able to communicate effectively both verbally and in writing. Grooming and dress must be appropriate for the position and must not impose a safety risk/hazard to the employee or others. Must put forward a professional behavior that enhances productivity and promotes teamwork and cooperation. Must be able to interface with individuals at all levels of the organization both verbally and in writing. Must be well-organized with the ability to coordinate and prioritize multiple tasks simultaneously.Must work well under pressure to meet deadline requirements. Must be willing to travel as needed. Must take and pass a drug test and background check as well as a motor vehicle records check. Must be a US citizen.
Jacobs is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status or other characteristics protected by law. Jacobs is a background screening, drug-free workplace.
Jacobs leads the global professional services sector delivering solutions for a more connected, sustainable world.
With $15.0 billion in combined revenue and a talent force more than 77,000 strong, Jacobs provides a full spectrum of services including scientific, technical, professional, construction- and program-management for business, industrial, commercial, government and infrastructure sectors.
For more information, visit web address removed>
Associated topics: chief program officer, cpo, manage, manager, management, monitor, product manager, project manager, relationship manager, task