BAE Systems seeks a Senior Help Desk Technician to fulfill the requirements of Level 1 & 2 Help Desk (PC Assist) support services to approximately 500 end users consisting of senior management, attorneys, support staffs and contractors and associated systems located within the Washington, DC metropolitan area, to include the Robert F. Kennedy Dept. of Justice building and the department s main site currently located in NE Washington DC for the Executive Office for the United States Attorneys (EOUSA).Typical Education & Experience
The PC Assist program within the Department of Justice s EOUSA supports desktop technician needs of users throughout the EOUSA on a variety of information technology tools, applications, and resources, including but not limited to questions, problems, and requests relating to desktop software, hardware and peripherals, network issues, application changes and upgrades, application deployment and training.
Typically a Bachelor's Degree and 4 years work experience or equivalent experienceRequired Skills and Education
The Senior Help Desk Technician will be a team member of the EOUSA PC Assist group, whose scope is to support end users via telephone, e-mail, and in-person with a wide range of questions, problems, and requests relating to desktop software, hardware and peripherals, network issues, application changes and upgrades, and application deployments. PC Assist staffing is 40 hours a week, Monday through Friday (excluding Federal holidays) from 7:30am through 5:30pm (Eastern Time). No regular after-hours or weekend support is required.
The Senior Help Desk Technician duties shall include configuration, installation and/or replacement of PC hardware to include, but not limited to memory, sound cards, CD/DVD drives, backup tape drives, removable hard drives, network interface cards, and video cards.
Installation and/or configuration of PC software will include image, upgrades/patches for MS operating systems and products, upgrades/patches for any software application utilized in the EOUSA user community.
Installation and/or configuration of peripheral computer equipment will include printers (standalone and networked), scanners, tablet devices, VoIP phones and docking stations.
The Senior Help Desk Technician will, on occasion or incidentally relocate workstations, printers, scanners, and other supported equipment from time to time, which may potentially include moving equipment between floors or to other EOUSA office locations (within Washington D.C. and the weight of any one piece not exceeding 75 pounds).
Additional duties shall include performing duties common to an IT systems administrator:
- Backup/Restoration admin/support
- File Server support
- User Account/Mailbox administration
- Software/Hardware installation
- Handheld device installation/troubleshooting/support
- Remote User setup/support/troubleshooting
- End-user training
- Creation of procedural documentation
- Creation of spreadsheets/databases for tracking purposes
It is expected the Senior Help Desk Technician will:
Preferred Skills and Education
- Record and update required information for all IT related tickets utilizing ITIL.
- Creation of Incident work-log entries.
- Accurately answer user support questions of software and hardware in the EOUSA office environment.
- Maintain Account Management forms for new and departed users per Government policy and procedures.
- Produce proactive reports, trending analysis, service level reporting, process consultation and application of ITIL best practice.
- Conduct and maintain accountable IT inventories such as laptops, desktops, tablet PCs, printers, MFPs accessories, IT supplies, etc. using spreadsheets.
- Provide desk-side training for new employees and staff, consisting of basic instructions on accessing and using standard desktop applications (e.g. e-Mail, Microsoft Office, etc) and how to access available research database applications.
- Submit weekly status reports and monthly surveys.
- Set up and support conference and training rooms for presentations including, audio systems, video systems, A/V distribution systems, computer hardware and software, control programming, microphones, amplifiers, encrypted wireless microphone systems, digital recording and computer/video interface.
- Utilize online meeting applications such as Adobe Connect to support hardware set-up of microphones and webcams, set-up operations for audio mixing boards and facilitate/monitor/record online meeting sessions.
Additional Position Requirements:
- One year or more Adobe Connect or related online meeting center set-up experience.
Non-Required, advantageous additional knowledge, experience, or competency considered favorable assets shall include:
About BAE Systems Intelligence & Security
- ITIL Foundations certification
- Change Management experience
- Active DOD clearance of Level 6 Public Trust or above
BAE Systems Intelligence & Security, based in McLean, Virginia, designs and delivers advanced defense, intelligence, and security solutions that support the important missions of our customers. Our pride and dedication shows in everything we do from intelligence analysis, cyber operations and IT expertise to systems development, systems integration, and operations and maintenance services. Knowing that our work enables the U.S. military and government to recognize, manage and defeat threats inspires us to push ourselves and our technologies to new levels. That s BAE Systems. That s Inspired Work. Equal Opportunity Employer/Females/Minorities/Veterans/Disabled/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/Gender Expression. To see Inspired Work in action, visit www.baesystems.com
and follow us on Facebook: www.facebook.com/baesystemsintel.
Associated topics: help, information technology, patient, support specialist, systems administrator, technical support, technical support specialist, technician, technician iii, technician iv