At 3M, we apply science in collaborative ways to improve lives. With $33 billion in sales, our 93,000 employees connect with customers all around the world.
3M has a long-standing reputation as a company committed to innovation. We provide the freedom to explore and encourage curiosity and creativity. We gain new insight from diverse thinking, and take risks on new ideas.
Here, you can apply your talent in bold ways that matter.
3M is seeking a Client Solutions Engineer for the Health Information Systems Division located in Murray, UT; Silver Spring, MD or Remote. At 3M, you can apply your talent in bold ways that matter. Here, you go.
3M Health Information Systems (HIS) is the world leader for innovating the language of health and delivers comprehensive software and consulting services. Working at 3M Health Information Systems you will be helping with today's challenges while preparing for tomorrow's. Transforming health care from a system that treats disease, to a system that improves health and wellness begins with accurate health information and payment. From improving the efficiency of medical records coding to outlining success in value-based care and healthcare analytics. All while working with the best and the brightest to advance more than your own career, you are working to advance the entire world.
The person hired for the position of Client Solutions Engineer will build credibility and trust with 3M HIS customers and departments by providing solutions to software issues, inquiries and problems. As well as assist in escalated application support issues for assigned 3M solutions, focusing on product functionality, environmental issues, product integration, and interfaces.
This position provides an opportunity to transition from other private, public, government or military environments to a 3M career.
Primary Responsibilities include but are not limited to the following:
* Troubleshoot assigned 3M software applications as well as interfaces (HL7, XML, etc.), as well as Windows operating systems, network, Citrix & SQL
* Participate in pre-sales, support, and implementation calls with clients as needed
* Participate in System Health Checks and Performance Reviews with clients as needed
* Work on individual and team projects
* Represent 3M HIS in communications with external customers and 3M departments.
* Provide input to technical hardware configuration needs
* Collaborate with Customer Care, Development, and Marketing teams to address technical concerns identified by 3M clients
* Assist with product training as needed
* Identify areas of opportunity to improve communications and efficiency of operation to improve customer satisfaction
* Support team processes and participate on cross-functional and Six Sigma teams
* Position may be required to be staffed during off hours
* Required to provide after-hours on-call support
* Actively participates in relevant corporate programs/initiatives, complies with professional and quality standards complies with corporate policies and procedures, and acts in a manner consistent with 3M's values and ethical standards.
* Possess a Bachelor's degree or higher (completed and verified prior to start) from an accredited institution
* Minimum of five (5) years of Technical Support experience in a private, public, government or military environment
* Minimum of three (3) years Database Administration experience
* Minimum of three (3) years of experience with Networking and Server Administration
* Strong technical operating system and network knowledge (Citrix/TS, IIS, Windows, Active Directory)
* Strong communication skills
* Understanding of project management concepts
* Understanding of health care industry
* Proven analytical and problem-solving skills
* Willingness to collaborate with other teams
* 3M HIS product knowledge, especially 360 Encompass
* Must be able to work independently as well as part of team
Location: Murray, UT or Silver Spring, or Remote
Travel: May include up to 10% domestic
Relocation: Is not authorized
Must be legally authorized to work in the country of employment without sponsorship for employment visa status (e.g., H1B status).
Diverse & Inclusive 3M
3M is a place where you can collaborate with other curious, creative people. Where your diverse talents, inclusiveness, initiative, and leadership are valued. Where you'll find challenging opportunities that make your career exciting and rewarding. With a diversity of people, global locations, technologies, and products, 3M is a place to grow and be rewarded for excellence
Learn more about 3M's creative solutions to the world's problems at www.3M.com or on Twitter @3M.
3M is an equal opportunity employer. 3M will not discriminate against any applicant for employment on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, or veteran status.
Please note: your application may not be considered if you do not provide your education and work history, either by: 1) uploading a resume, or 2) entering the information into the application fields directly.
Please access the linked document by clicking here, select the country where you are applying for employment, and review. Before submitting your application you will be asked to confirm your agreement with the terms.